GREEK HALLOUMI & VEGETABLE SKEWERS (V)
Nutritional values per serving:
calories 276, protein 10.4g, fat 20.2g (saturated 7.8g), carbs 11.4g (sugar 9.3g), sodium 1.35g
- 4 skewers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano (Greek oregano if you can get it)
- small bunch (about 15g) of mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 80g halloumi cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 small courgette, sliced into ½cm-thick rounds
- 1 medium red onion, trimmed, cut into wedges & leaves separated
- 12 firm cherry tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water for ½ an hour.
- You will need 3 pieces of each vegetable per skewer. But feel free to add more if you wish.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, half the lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano and mint.
- Add the halloumi, bell pepper, courgette, onion and tomato to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Divide the halloumi and vegetables into 4 portions and thread onto the skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven grill to high.
- Place the skewers on a lightly oiled baking tray. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the halloumi is golden and the vegetables are soft. Turn the skewers halfway through grilling.
- Remove the skewers from the oven, sprinkle with a little oregano and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice and (optional) a little extra virgin olive oil.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE MENU
ABOUT PAUL WALLACE Personal trainer of 15 plus years and creator of FT-Fit one of Glasgow’s largest fitness classes
For other ideas also try BBC good food